Servings: 2 - 4
3 large beets
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚. Cut stems off the beets. Toss beets in canola oil and a few pinches of salt, then wrap each beet individually in tin foil.
2. Place the tin foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 60-90 minutes (or until fork tender).
3. Remove the beets from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, peel off the skin and dice beets into 1" pieces. Discard the skins.
4. Place the diced beets, red onion, scallions, olive oil, and vinegar in a bowl. Toss and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve room temperature or cold.