1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 scallions, portioned
1/4 cup peanut or sunflower oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 green chili, finely minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons water
1. Create dough using the flour, hot water, and salt. Let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 4 golf ball sized portions. Dust each ball with flour, flatten, and then use a rolling pin to make a 3" circle. Brush with a thin layer of oil and then using your fingers, roll up the dough into a log shape. Roll the dough again to form a spiral (like a snail shell). Repeat with each dough ball. Rest dough for 5 minutes.
3. Dust each rested and spiraled dough ball in flour, then flatten and roll again into a 3" circle. Brush with a thin layer of oil, then sprinkle scallions onto the dough. Gently, roll the dough into a log, and roll the log to form a spiral. Repeat with the remaining portions.
4. Flatten each spiral again, then dust with flour and roll again into a 3" circle.
5. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add in 1/2 teaspoon of oil. Place the dough on the skillet and add 1/2 teaspoon of oil on top. For extra crispy pancakes, add a bit more oil. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until the pancakes are brown and crispy.
6. Dipping sauce: Add all ingredients to a cup and mix well.